West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Software Engineer - Commercial Payments
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- As a senior engineer, you will own detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms and provide technical leadership/supervision to the developers
- Work with product owners and design teams to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Leverage engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring techniques
- Own the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Partner with technology support teams to help resolve production issues in emergency situations
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends and best practices: experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in community of practice groups, and mentor more junior members of the engineering community
- Encourage inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Clearly define and set standards for system design, documentation, code review and traceability
- Effectively communicate with technical and business resources as well as upper management
You will bring:
We are looking for Java engineers with expertise across all parts of the technology stack. Your areas of responsibility will range from APIs, MicroServices, Distributed Processing, data, DevOps, ATDD and beyond. You should possess the skill sets to develop software components, coach and mentor junior technologists, support QA and Business during testing and actively support production implementations
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years of experience programming in Java
- At least 3 years of experience with Spring
- At least 2 years of experience with REST/SOAP Web Service
- At least 1 year experience with Linux
- At least 1 year experience developing applications using Agile principles
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with test architecture
- Experience with AWS/Public Cloud
- Experience with Build and Deployment automation experience (CI/CD)
- Experience using front end technologies like Angular JS
- Experience with Github and Jenkins
- Knowledge of Functional Programming paradigm (Lambdas and streams)
- Knowledge of Cloud Automation and Orchestration using containers like Docker
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.