Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
At Workday, the Core Platform team is developing a robust and scalable compiler that is responsible for decoding meta-data across all of Workday's offerings. We're working on building out our micro services to handle our explosive growth, and are tasked with providing reliable, customizable, secure, and scalable services. We regularly practice scrum, paired programming, automated testing, and continuous deployment. This is a great opportunity to build next generation consumer-grade applications for enterprises. We need someone who can:
- Deliver reliable/robust software through continuous integration, automated testing, and in-depth code reviews
- Be a seasoned mentor to less experienced engineers and provide frequent code review feedback
- Develop and deploy highly concurrent, highly scalable, distributed transaction based systems supporting hundreds or thousands of Workday tenants and billions of transactions
- Support code development of a very high performance, memory intensive environment
- Design and implement distributed architectures that provide real scalability and high availability
- Perform system and performance analysis to maximize system throughput
- Dig deep into very technically complex issues and provide a clear path to resolution
- Work closely with Product Management to define new application framework features insuring a high performing and ultra-usable user experience
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features including interfaces/contracts with storage system, data transformation and handoff to front end technology.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in software development in JVM based languages
- Strong collaboration skills: accomplishing tasks will often require working across teams and coordinating work on your own team
- Proficiency in writing stable, robust and reliable unit, integration and system level testing
- Passionate for creating scaleable and maintainable software
- Desire to learn and mentor
- Ability to take a technical leadership role
Java, Scala, Spring, JUnit, JSON, XML, Tomcat, Gradle, Git, SVN, Bamboo, Kafka
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.