Do you have a passion for learning and applying modern software engineering practices? Are you excited to use these practices to deliver and manage mission critical services at scale? Are you a quick thinker? If so, please read on. This DBA position is in support of the Worldwide Business Management Systems (BMS). BMS is made up of several highly complex tightly coupled applications used by IBM Global Services (IGS) World Wide, IGS Geographies, IGS Lines Of Business and World Wide Finance to assign and manage Project and Account identification, for management of Contracts, collection of Labor, maintaining employee data, management of IGS resources, Inter Company Agreement (ICA) Processing, costing of System and Services, Ledger processing, Invoicing, reporting of Gross Profit, Revenue and Signings and Backlog, Information Warehousing and Business Data Warehousing.
- DBA on an end to end Dev Ops Squad supporting a highly complex Information Warehouse.
- Developing business solutions in an Agile environment with focus on Continuous. Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Ability to bridge the desires of the customer and the capabilities of the technology.
- Utilize multiple approaches to facilitate Discovery: Modeling, Lean, Agile Design Thinking, etc.
- Demonstrated organization and communication skills, especially with management and executives.
- Strong work ethic, and strong eagerness to learn.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
Above all, we are looking for applicants who will thrive in an open and collaborative environment. A day in the life at IBM
- Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates and interact with our product owners - all while being based out of our Raleigh, North Carolina Agile Center.
- Take advantage of our on-site exercise room.
- Work in an open environment where creativity is welcome and encouraged.
- Staying relevant to emerging trends in areas related to Agile, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.