Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
At Workday, we have millions of lines of code in Java, and Scala, thousands of builds and hundreds of deploys every day. It is a huge challenge to scale our build/release pipeline to meet our fast-growing engineering demand. As a software engineer on the Platform Development team, you'll create and maintain various systems including source control management, build, test and deploy, help establish processes and best practice on code review, test and release.
What you'll do:
- Extend our source control management system to help increase engineering productivity and ensure its scalability
- Improve our build tools to make sure our build release process more efficient and reliable
- Create build framework for our engineer to easily test their change on the CI system
- Maintain our internal deploy system to make sure we smoothly ship code to production on a daily base.
- Help troubleshoot issues in build/test/deploy process.
What we're looking for:
- Proficiency in an object-oriented programming languages such as Java, Groovy or Scala
- Extensive knowledge of Git, Docker, and Linux
- Experience with continuous integration system, e.g. TeamCity or Bamboo or Jenkins
- Experience with modern build tools such as Gradle, or Maven
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, attitude of fixing problems
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.