Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Software Engineer, DevOps
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
As a DevOps Engineer you will be a forward leaning technical leader among a Team of 5 - 10 engineers. You will drive devops culture throughout the auto lending technology department through creating application and environment automation, creating build pipelines, and creating automation to manage the environments.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps / Cloud Engineering environment.
- At least 2 years of engineering experience in Unix or Windows environments.
- At least 1+ year of experience with AWS core technologies (EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, etc.)
- At least 1 year of experience implementing automated environment delivery using Open Source tools such as Chef or Ansible
- At least 1 year of experience implementing automated environment delivery using Cloud Formation Templates
- At least 1 year of developing automation workflows and continuous delivery pipelines using Open Source Tools such as Jenkins or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of experience with Python or similar scripting / automation language
- At least 1 year of experience with networking concepts and networking troubleshooting in the cloud.
- At least 1 year of experience in a large-scale, high volume and high availability critical system implementation.
- At least 1 year of experience in infrastructure design, implementation and delivery.
- At least 1 year of experience working with Agile Development Practices.
- At least 1 year of experience with web services architecture.
- At least one year experience using the AWS API / CLI for automation
- Certified AWS Architect.
- 2+ years of experience with Linux, server automation and scripting.
- 1+ years with Terraform
- 1+ year of experience with Container technology using Docker.
- 1+ year of experience with an infrastructure test automation tool like ServerSpec or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with OOP concepts and 3+ years of experience with modern scripting languages and frameworks.
- 2+ years of database experience with a relational or NoSQL database (Cassandra).
- 1+ years of experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Zabbix, AppDynamics.
- 1+ years of experience with tomcat
- 1+ years of experience with apache
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.