Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
In this exciting and challenging opportunity, the successful candidate will join PayPal's Core Platform & Framework team as a full stack developer. This individual will be a key player in building an application platform as a service (APaaS) used by all of PayPal employees in technology. Functional knowledge and capabilities for all aspects involved in building an application are a must. He/she will work with top notch developers, architects, operations, cloud engineering and framework teams to make dramatic improvement in productivity for thousands of developers in the company
• Build horizontally scalable, high throughput and fault tolerant systems and tools
• Participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release
• Develop innovative solutions based on feedback and requests from developers, operations, QE and other technology teams
• Promote architectural initiatives, focusing on long-term velocity while catering to short-term customer needs
• Prototype solutions as required
• Be the leading advocator of our customers with laser focus on achieving business results
- 5+ years expertise in Java, Python and SQL
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to engineers within the team
- Go getter with can do attitude. Tenacity to do what it takes to get the job done while keeping laser focused on achieving measurable business results
- Proven track record leading on time delivery of multi-tiered, highly scalable tools while achieving measurable business benefits impacting multiple departments of a complex organization
- Expert in CD, TDD, CI, and PMD tools & techniques
- Excellent communication and relationship skills. Ability to understand and articulate both technical and business issues with peers, management, and external teams
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.