Software Engineer Entry level Job Description
We may be known for our hardware, but no hardware achieves its full potential without advanced and innovative software solutions. Intel software engineers have the opportunity to touch the entire software ecosystem. By number of employees, we are one of the most influential software companies in the world. At Intel, you'll be at forefront of everything from enhanced usability and security, to integrated software and hardware solutions, to seamless connectivity. We're looking for more great software engineers who will help us push computing capabilities even further. If you are passionately motivated by seeing their creations used by millions of end users, click apply and join us.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Collaborate with design, layout, and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools, design rule checkers and electronic data processing systems software
- Determining computer user needs
- Advising hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements
- Responding to customer/client requests or events as they occur
An ideal candidate would exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- strong analytical mind with problem solving skills
- ability to work independently and manage stakeholders
- ability to deal with ambiguity in defining activities and direction
- passion for the job
- high motivation with a strong work ethic
- good planning skills
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
You must meet the qualifications to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work, class course work, research, relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. Upon applying for this opportunity, you will also be considered for other similar opportunities available.
Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- C , Java, Perl, and/or Python
- Analytical skills for problem abstraction
- Broad theoretical knowledge in computer science, including algorithms and data structures
- Standard software engineering practices for version control, configuration management, testing, root cause analysis, and quality assurance
- Source Code Management tools such as Git, Fossil, subversion and Design Sync
Inside this Business Group
- Programming experience on Linux, Microsoft Windows, and Apple platforms
- Web Application Frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails
- Programming experience on mobile platforms such as Android, Meego, and iOS
- Programming experience on desktop platforms such as Microsoft.NET framework
- Firm grasp of programming tools such as compilers, linkers, and debuggers
- NodeJS, SQL/NoSQL, MVVM, HTML5 and associated cloud/web based technologies
- Rapid Software Prototyping
Intel makes possible the most amazing experiences of the future. You may know us for our processors. But we do so much more. Intel invents at the boundaries of technology to make amazing experiences possible for business and society, and for every person on Earth. Harnessing the capability of the cloud, the ubiquity of the Internet of Things, the latest advances in memory and programmable solutions, and the promise of always-on 5G connectivity, Intel is disrupting industries and solving global challenges. Leading on policy, diversity, inclusion, education and sustainability, we create value for our stockholders, customers, and society.Other Locations
US, California, San Diego; US, Ohio, Hudson; US, California, Los Angeles; US, California, Folsom; US, California, Santa Clara; US, Arizona, Phoenix; US, California, San Jose; US, Texas, Austin; Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.