We are looking for an innovative self-starter to help us develop cognitive computing software platform. This platform will power both enterprise software and cloud-based SaaS offerings, enabling Intel, its customers, and its partners to create and manage smarter applications and devices.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, implement and test software components on distributed system written in Java.
- Produce efficient, maintainable, reliable code and unit tests.
- Refactor code as necessary to improve function or reduce technical debt.
- Research new technologies and frameworks; make selections and recommendations
- Analyze and solve performance and security related issues in the applications.
- Collaborate with other teams including engineering, post-sales support and product management.
- Collaborate with QA team in automation process on need basis.
- Produce documentation and artifacts necessary in accordance with the existing processes for collaborating with QA, post sales and business teams .
You must possess the below required qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Qualifications listed as preferred will be considered a plus factor for applicants.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline and 7 years of relevant software development experience or Masters of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with 5 years of relevant industry experience, building enterprise software products or web applications, producing design and technical artifacts, planning and executing the development projects.
You should have at least 4 years of experience in the following:
- Design and development of web and business components in Java
- Strong understanding of software design patterns
- Competence with Python, Linux shell scripting, MySQL or any other databases.
- Experience with industry-standard IDE, version control and development tools.
- Experience on scaling and performance optimization of distributed systems.
- Experience with a distributed version control system (e.g. git, Mercurial)
- Triaging and Solving problems in distributed systems in integrated release and production environments including functionality, performance and scaling bottlenecks.
- Willingness to work in an agile environment where unit testing, code quality (automated checks and peer review), and continuous integration are a critical part of the development process
- Experience with Grails
- Experience with at least one "big data" framework or distributed datastore (e.g. Hadoop Map-Reduce, Samza, Spark, Solr, Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, Dynamo, Zookeeper), ETL.
- Experience with Hadoop YARN or Apache Mesos
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. VirtualBox, Docker, VMWare)
- Sound knowledge on product and applications security.
- Experience with Java 8, including streams and lambdas
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.