Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. GENERAL SUMMARY
Develop software solutions for clients based on detailed specification for external customer infrastructure products/applications. Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products. Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities. SW Engineers may develop a range of products including device drivers, patches, operating system modifications, open source software technologies, etc. Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
If your idea of fun is to build your own Linux kernel or debug a kernel module, and you want to understand how hardware and software platforms build cloud infrastructure, then we want to speak to you!PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This employee will be expected to develop in a distributed, high performance, embedded system or storage infrastructure application for a wide range of hardware storage platforms. Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Apply software engineering methods or processes, re-evaluates existing processes; designs simulation and test criteria and verifies functionality and performance.
- Contribute to the development and achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- Develop new software engineering methods or processes, re-evaluates existing processes.
- Cooperate with peers in a globally distributed development team.
- Possess strong learning, analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of programming languages, operating systems, firmware, BIOS, device drivers, databases, embedded software, tools and utilities as applicable
- Able to code/debug moderately complex programs using either written or verbal design specifications
- Basic understanding of hardware and software interactions
- Basic understanding of Agile Scrum software development methodology
- Demonstrated ability to apply software engineering methods or processes, re-evaluates existing processes; designs simulation and test criteria and verifies functionality and performance.
- Contributes to the development and achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- Develops new software engineering methods or processes, re-evaluates existing processes.
- Cooperates with peers in a globally distributed development team.
One or more of the following skills a plus:
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Linux kernel and/or RTOS.
- Basic knowledge of storage networking architectures and applications
- Basic knowledge of storage/networking protocols and connectivity
- Knowledge of Intel architecture
- Knowledge of Virtualization and container technology
- Object oriented design and programming
- Knowledge of GIT source control tool
- Familiarity with enclosure management protocols (i.e., IPMI, Redfish)
- Familiarity with one or more storage protocols (e.g., SAS, SCSI, FCoE, iSCSI, etc.)
Education Required: Bachelors (Technical)
Experience Required: 0-2 years
Physical Requirements: none.
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R92361