Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
To be considered for a future position, please submit your resume/CV via the GE Careers website http://www.gesoftware.com/careers/
Equal Employment Opportunity
GE Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Software Engineer - Front End
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Van Buren Township
* Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set
* Lead coding, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of information technology solutions for business processes and applications
* Work with other front end developers to define and use best practices and processes around user interface development
* Collaborate with other team members to deliver software solutions
* Implement detailed functional and technical specifications required to satisfy business requirements
* Provide functional and technical documentation
* Develop proof-of-concepts and prototypes of easy to navigate user interfaces (UI) that consist of web pages with graphics, icons, and color schemes that are visually appealing
* Partner and work closely with the User Experience (UX) team to translate wireframes and designs into code
* Develop best practices for developing modern web applications and mentor other developers on the team
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or Minimum 10 years of experience in building large-scale, enterprise-wide applications
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills
* Must be willing to travel less than 10%
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Van Buren Township, MI
* Must be 18 years of age or older
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in building large-scale, enterprise-wide applications OR Master's degree with 6 years of experience in building large-scale, enterprise-wide applications.
* 2+ years experience with AngularJS
* 2+ years experience with NOSQL database
* 1+ years experience with Cordova
* 3-5+ years experience writing unit tests
* 1-2 years experience using a CI system to automate builds.
* 2+ years experience with TDD/BDD
database tools (JPA, Hibernate, JDBC, Spring Data & modern build tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN)
* Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed
* Experience with analytics frameworks is plus
* Previous experience with the GE Software Center of Excellence Predix platform is plus
* Knowledge of common UI testing frameworks (eg. Jasmine, JSCoverage)
* Familiarity with Bootstrap & LESS is a plus
* Understanding of UX principles and best practices
* Knowledge of common browser developer tools and performance tuning techniques
* Knowledge of CI (Continuous Integration) techniques for UI (i.e. Bower, Grunt)
* Experience working with websockets and HTML5 web storage is a plus
* Experience with Agile (Scrum) and test driven development and version control (SVN, git, etc.)
* Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
* Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
* Excellent communication skills and able to work well with global teams
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.