Software Engineer, Front End
Capital One is actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Engineer who is passionate about developing cross-functional solutions to join our team! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building large scale reliable applications to impact the way that Capital One does business. You will drive detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment on a system team, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily standups, while providing input for building out our delivery pipeline. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight millions of customers!
- Driving the technical analysis, design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Very strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal IT and business partners.
- Assists in developing, testing, implementation and support of application systems.
- Assists in developing stable, scalable and maintainable systems and solutions, interfacing new systems with legacy systems and integration of new and existing systems with other business lines.
- Performing as a software engineer on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design.
- Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines.
- Partner with management to drive new automated risk mitigation solutions that improve our ability to operate efficiently and improve continuously
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or military experience.
- 2+ years of experience of building, deploying, and supporting automated applications into production environments.
- At least 2 + years of experience developing and supporting automated build, continuous integration (CI) scripts.
- 2 + years of experience of continuous integration and build automation tools including open source solutions.
- 2 + years of experience writing implementation plans for installing software components on build agents.
- 2+ years of build experience in AWS application support.
- 3+ years of experience developing RESTful APIs.
- 3+ years of development experience using Java/J2EE and the Spring framework.
- 2+ year experience with Test Tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or military experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing applications and microservices optimized for the cloud.
- 3+ years of experience with Acceptance Test Driven Development and test automation.
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications with HTML/CSS, AngularJS or NodeJS.
- 3+ years of experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CICD) tools such as Jenkins.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.