At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
Capital One is seeking talented thinkers and full stack Software engineers who can envision next generation software innovations that will deliver a rich, engaging and unmatched customer and associate experience. If you love participating in hackathons, tinkering with new technologies and are passionate about FinTech and innovation and building scalable and high performing web and mobile solutions, we would like to speak to you. In this role, you will design and develop cutting-edge experiences for Capital One customers, using emerging technology platforms . You will be responsible for setting the architecture and solution direction and developing software components. You will also act as mentor to junior developers, support QA during testing, and will have oversight during implementation into production.
We deliver using Agile Scrum and are tightly integrated with our product management and operations teams. You will lead detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members on the capabilities and constraints of technologies. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight associates and millions of customers!
- Work as part of forward leaning team of makers to design and develop software solutions
- Research competing platforms and contribute to the product development process
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
- Identify and enable adoption of new technologies and patterns particularly in Public Cloud, API and Web frameworks
- Demonstrate strong technical ability, awareness and track record of proposing and integrating technologies and solutions
- Maintain all-round view of solution, understanding both business and technical challenges and also both functional and non-functional needs of solution
- Provide technical leadership to the design, development/implementation, and testing of business solutions, integrating legacy and new technologies
- Work with the developers, quality engineers product managers and subject matter experts to design and develop end-to-end solution options
- Develop and recommending novel and innovative approaches to solving business and technical problems.
- Focus massively on delivering with speed and quality
- Keep up-to-date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment
- Apply sound Dev Ops and automation best practices
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advising the business on the technical and business value of the proposition
- Actively participate in internal and external Communities of Practice
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience in software development
- At least 3 years of current experience with Java development
- At least 3 years of User Interface development
- At least 3 years in Web Application development
- At least 3 years of experience in API development
- At least 2 years of experience using Angular JS
- 2+ years of experience deploying applications on AWS
- 2+ years of experience developing node.js apps
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.