FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
FreeWheel is hiring a New York-based Software Engineer, Full Stack Web Application. FreeWheel helps the television industry generate revenue from their premium content through a robust technology platform, which enables consumers to watch entertainment on any devices from PC, mobile, set-top box to traditional TV. FreeWheel New York Engineering Team is part of our global engineering team who are building advanced and high quality applications, servers and tools to manage million dollar orders, handle billions of daily requests and process tera bytes of raw daily data.
- Develop and test with enterprise web app stack composed of ReactJS / Ruby on Rails / Golang in a team environment
- Understand and improve existing code base
- Conduct tech design and code reviews
- Build frontend components and prototypes
- Interface with global engineering, product and operation teams in US/EU/China to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- 5years+ experience with modern web stack, solid experience with one or more in developing, testing and debugging:
- ReactJS based rich web application
- Ruby on Rails application or service
- Golang web application or service
- Experience with SQL is required
- Experience in web protocols, security mechanism and architecture is a plus
- High standard on code quality and test coverage
- Demonstrated ability in handling mission-critical, high-performance Internet products with complex algorithms and features
- Known for smart, logical thinking, interest and enthusiasm
- Detail oriented, flexible and thrives in a global team-oriented environment
Life is short. Work in someplace great. Work on something great. With a fast growing global team, career at FreeWheel offers countless ways to make an impact in both Internet and TV industry. FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we're not. We have fun everyday because we love what we do.We are on a mission to shape the future of television, we want you to join our NYC-based engineering team and help hundreds of millions of people, including your friends and family, even your grandma who may be not on internet, to better enjoy their favorite shows whenever and wherever they want to with their loved ones.Ready? Apply here!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer