Are you interested in being part of a small team building new and innovative products for monitoring customer environments using machine data and machine learning to get insights? Splunk is looking for a versatile Full Stack Software Engineer to join the IT markets engineering team and have a large impact in making Splunk the leader in the IT monitoring space. We're working on the cutting edge of data analysis and correlation, enabling our customers to easily get deep insights into their infrastructure.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You'll learn how our entire stack works - from data ingestion to search, building exciting end user experiences which will directly impact our customers.
- Desire to Learn and Adapt. We have a lot of projects going on at once, and you'll have to learn to navigate the code and features. You'll constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Strong customer focus and passion for building intuitive products that will delight our IT user base. Our customers are passionate about Splunk and we want the same from our engineers.
- Have designed and developed APIs and micro services and released them using automated CI CD pipelines.
- You are proficient in coding in Go and Python languages. This doesn't mean you are an expert in all aspects, but you should be comfortable writing code in them.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and great attention to details.
- You have strong communication interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- 3+ years of experience and a BS MS in Computer Science preferred.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with ReactJS, Jasmin, Karma
- Experience with web application framework such as Django, Node.js, Backbone, etc.
- Working knowledge of Java C++ or similar language
- Experience with Cloud is a plus. You have experience writing software and operationalizing it for deployment to Cloud Services like AWS and Azure.
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of incredibly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we gather data from disparate sources? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a great environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.