Software Engineer, Full-Stack
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if”?
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile application development environment. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication. Whether a bug fix or an awesome feature, you will own your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions.
- Work as part of forward leaning team of makers to design and develop software solutions
- Research competing platforms and contribute to the product development process
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
- Identify and enable adoption of new technologies and patterns particularly in Public Cloud, API and Web frameworks
- Demonstrate strong technical ability, awareness and track record of proposing and integrating technologies and solutions
- Maintain all-round view of solution, understanding both business and technical challenges and also both functional and non-functional needs of solution
- Provide technical leadership to the design, development/implementation, and testing of business solutions, integrating legacy and new technologies
- Work with the developers, quality engineers product managers and subject matter experts to design and develop end-to-end solution options
- Develop and recommending novel and innovative approaches to solving business and technical problems.
- Focus massively on delivering with speed and quality
- Keep up-to-date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment
- Apply sound Dev Ops and automation best practices
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advising the business on the technical and business value of the proposition
- Actively participate in internal and external Communities of Practice
Who you are:
Capital One will consider sponsoring you for employment authorization for this position.