If you've always wanted to work on a "Game of the Year" title - and you aren't too picky about which year - we have some great news!
Blizzard is looking for a talented game client engineer to join our mission to modernize and revitalize classic Blizzard titles. You will be working across multiple unannounced projects in a wide variety of areas including gameplay improvements, multiplayer and social features, graphics, animation, and user interface.
The ideal candidate is a well-rounded generalist with excellent C skills. They can quickly get up-to-speed on new systems and can be highly effective on a small team. They are also a passionate gamer who is deeply familiar with our major game franchises, fluent in Blizzard polish, and excited to help us find the right balance between nostalgia and innovation.Requirements
- Passion and nostalgia for classic video gamesExpert in C/C
- A minimum of five years of game programming experience
- Strong generalist, comfortable diving into any area of game development
- Self-motivated and eager to take ownership of large problems
- Comfortable working within deeply unfamiliar, archaic, and occasionally bizarre legacy code
- Able to collaborate with designers, artists, and fellow engineers to achieve a high level of polish
- Passionate and knowledgeable about RTS games
- Experience with multiplayer game architecture and networking
- Experience with cross-platform development for Windows, MacOS, consoles, and/or mobile in C
- Familiarity with graphics programming, tools, or art pipelines
- Computer science or related degree
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.