If you've always wanted to work on a "Game of the Year" title - and you aren't too picky about which year - we have some great news!
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic software engineer to be a key contributor for StarCraft: Remastered and other classic games. The ideal candidate finds simple solutions for complex problems, loves being part of small but agile teams, and is comfortable in a wide variety of areas including networking, graphics, user interface, and code modernization.
The ideal candidate is a well-rounded generalist with excellent C skills. They can quickly get up-to-speed on new systems and can be highly effective on a small team. They are also a passionate gamer who is deeply familiar with our major game franchises, fluent in Blizzard polish, and excited to help us find the right balance between nostalgia and innovation.Requirements
- Passion and nostalgia for classic video games
- Expert in C/C
- A minimum of five years of game programming experience
- Strong generalist, comfortable diving into any area of game development
- Self-motivated and eager to take ownership of large problems
- Comfortable working within deeply unfamiliar, archaic, and occasionally bizarre legacy code
- Able to collaborate with designers, artists, and fellow engineers to achieve a high level of polish
- Strong math skills
- Experience with multiplayer game architecture and networking
- Passionate and knowledgeable about RTS games, especially StarCraft
- Familiarity with graphics programming
- Experience with cross-platform development for Windows and macOS in C
- Computer science or related degree