The Diablo development team is seeking an enthusiastic engineer to help us with our graphics engine. In this role, you'll be authoring new rendering and animation features and systems that will enable some of the most talented game development artists in the world to ply their craft freely and directly. The ideal candidate is a self-driven problem solver with a passion for enabling others to succeed.
• Design and implementation of new graphics functionality
• Identify and resolve visual issues and discover opportunities for improvement.
• Maintain the rendering engine for performance, stability, and error-free operation.
• Work closely with the art department serving as a point of contact for programming matters.
• Experience with shaders and GPU programming
• Knowledge of DirectX 11 or OpenGL APIs
• Experience shipping at least one video game with major contribution to the graphics engine
• A minimum of 3 years' experience in programming
• Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra
• Thorough understanding of multi-threaded programming
• Strong C , data-oriented design, and architecture skills
• Experience with code and data optimization
• Understanding of art content pipeline and tools
• Able to rapidly learn and understand software by reading source code and stepping thru code under a debugger
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Passion for real-time graphics and software development
• Passion for video games
• Experience shipping multiple game titles
• A degree in computer science, or a related field
• Console programming experience
• Knowledge of Maya and its SDK
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
• Cover Letter which should include:
• Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
• What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.