Software Engineer I
Job Summary The Software Engineer is a web development role that reports to the Engineering Manager in Westford MA. This role is part of a small team of software web developers that are responsible for development and maintenance of access control and video web applications. Those responsibilities will include but not be limited to web application development, interaction with representatives of other cross functional teams to understand requirements and strategies for the project, writing specification documents for new features, resolving QA issues, and assistance with customer issues reported to support. You will work with the Development, QA, Program Management, Product Management and Customer Support Team members.
Responsibilities • Develop new features according to product functional specification and design requirements.
• Resolve issues identified by QA in a timely manner.
• Break complex features into user stories and tasks and provide estimates.
• Write functional specifications and provide feature demos to the project stakeholders.
• Good knowledge of Node.js
• Familiarity with CouchDB or any other No-Sql data storage
• Experience in developing front-end application frameworks for single page apps like AngularJS (preferred), React, or Knockout
• Experience in building responsive and adaptive web applications
• Familiarity with Bootstrap framework, or similar responsive framework
• Experience in optimizing application for speed, security and scalability
• Experience with front-end build tools/task runners like NPM, gulp, grunt, webpack
• Experience in building RESTful APIs
• Willingness and ability to learn new technologies
• Experience in Agile development methodology
• Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills, problem solving, and an ability to learn quickly
• Domain Knowledge in Electronic Security such as Access Control, Video Surveillance and Intrusion detection is a plus
• Self-motivation, tenacity, flexible and reliable in approach to work
Education Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronic Engineering (or equivalent relevant degree); or alternative qualification with equivalent industrial experience