Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to work on cutting edge cloud technologies in a platform team? Do you want to be part of the team that builds mission critical systems and services over which transactions worth billions of dollars run? Do you have the programming skills, attention to details and quality, passion for building cloud systems and services that delights our customers? Do you want to be part of a diverse, fast paced and highly technical team that executed with a Start-Up spirit and takes pride in delivering value to our business customers with on time with quality in an agile cadence?
If your answer is “YES” to all of them, congratulations! You are a prospective candidate for the software Engineering team in the Finance & Professional Services organization in Microsoft MSIT division.
The Record to Report service line has a diverse portfolio of applications that play a critical role in ensuring that Microsoft as a company meets the financial reporting obligations on time with accuracy. Yes, that means, all the activities from journal entry manager to our publicly reported quarterly and annual reports.
As a Senior software engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and releasing deliverables that will measurably add value to our business partners and stakeholders.
You will be responsible for making sure that our software and services are built to scale meeting rigorous security and compliancy requirements and operate in highest level of service maturity. You will be developing features in the context of: TDD environment, Continuous Integration & Deployment, E-to-end telemetry, first class Ops support with support for monitoring, alerting and diagnosibility.
You will also work closely with peers within the engineering team and the program management team to deliver solutions that meet or exceed business requirements. In terms of the lay of the land, the numerous applications are spread across the On-Prem and Cloud world. You will be joining the team that is well past the initial stages of its cloud journey and is looking for folks that can accelerate its mission to have all its systems operate on cloud.
This means significant opportunities for you to learn what it takes critical enterprise systems from On-Prem to Cloud. And yes, that learning and experience in the context of a multi-billion-dollar company, it will be something that looks cool in your resume or online profile.
We are looking for excellent software engineers that will be part of this great team and contribute to our record-to-report service line evolution - where engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from concept to scale.
· Architect, design, implement and test large scale distributed software services and solutions
· Practice Agile+ software development by adding and leveraging Telemetry/Instrumentation to our components and services to drive decisions while executing in an agile cadence for engineering activities such as: designing, coding, testing, debugging and incident management.
· Adhere to and drive sound software engineering practices through design reviews, system design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions.
· Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
· Lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry.
· Pays utmost attention to quality right from the design phase, incorporating TDD practices and are engineered for testability
· Expose test coverage issues, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas.
Considers diagnosability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when her or his code is ready to be shared and delivered.
· Define project estimates and assist with development project plans. May provide direction to vendor resources, develop technical specifications, define and execute unit test plans, implement build and deploy automation.
· Uses data and insights from customer and production to contribute to some technical design and implementation decisions.
· Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.
· Collaborate effectively with other disciplines of the project team and drives improvements in engineering at the org level.
· BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical discipline
· 6+ years of programming skills in object oriented language
· 2+ years designing, implementing and testing Service Oriented Architecture, REST, OData services.
· 3 years of experience building and testing distributed systems / services.
· 5+ years Relational Database development and performance tuning skills on scale enterprise systems
· 10+ years of software development & testing experience in building enterprise applications.
· MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
· Experience in Agile execution
· Experience as a DevOps Engineer
· Experience building Telemetry systems and/or adding instrumentation to large scale distributed systems that helps us collect metrics.
· Knowledge in client-side web application development & testing (4+ years).
· Experience with Data Warehouse, reporting frameworks, Power BI, Application Insights.
As you may have notes from above, this position presents a great opportunity to contribute to an effort that is highly strategic to Microsoft. If you think you have it in you to join us, send us your resume right away!!!!!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.