If you like challenges and want to learn and practice how to develop advanced big data solutions/techniques that scale to petabytes of data, in both streaming and batch mode, this is your ideal opportunity. We deal with this scale of data every day. Come join us in powering Microsoft’s Cloud & Enterprise Platform through the use of Big Data. We enable operations, decision making, product enhancements, and customer value creation with Big Data Analytics. Core to our mission is collecting the right data on a massive scale and making it actionable. Security, Compliance, Service Health, Usage and Fraud are just a few areas that you will be improving through data analysis. Building out computational logic on a massive scale and manipulating petabytes of data will be a routine part of the job.
• 5+ years of experience in software design and development.
• 1+ years of strong expertise and experience on design and development of platforms, metric systems with a track record of shipping multiple releases.
• 1+ years of expert knowledge in Object Oriented Languages Like C++, C#.
• 1+ years of deep understanding of efficient data structures and algorithms
• 1+ years of working knowledge of Hadoop or other Big Data processing technology is a plus.
• Excellent Analytical skills.
• Specialization in Statistics, Data Mining or Machine Learning is a plus.
• Deep understanding of efficient data structures and algorithms Excellent Analytical skills Specialization in Statistics, Data Mining or Machine Learning is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Hadoop or other Big Data processing technology is a plus.
• Develop scalable solutions for data discovery, analysis, and presentation.
• Develop metadata driven data collection, integration, and organization services.
• Work closely with subject matter experts and statisticians to drive deep analysis.
• Research and implement machine learning and statistical data mining techniques.
• Design and implement patterns for accurate capture and representation of data.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.