We are SQL Server team part of the C+E Azure organization. Our team works on building Engineering Systems and Services for SQL Server vNext and In Market releases. We build, develop and maintain highly scalable Engineering Systems that are built on Azure IaaS, Visual Studio Team Foundation Server and other Microsoft technologies. These are the systems that provide Build and Test Services on which SQL Server product gets built. While we maintain high availability for these systems, we are working to meet the challenges in growth, scale up, scale out and modernization of the Engineering Systems.
As an engineer, you have an opportunity to work on the latest Azure based Engineering Systems that can be deployed on demand at scale, join the team at a time we are beginning to modernize the way we fundamentally build these. Do you want to be part of the team that is working to solve providing massive engineering systems with cloud automation, come be part of a very agile team who is open to new ideas all the time, come join us on the SQL Server team!
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or IT related technical discipline OR in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry software engineering experience
• 2+ years of programming implementation experience to write code in Java OR C++ OR C# OR C OR object-oriented programming language
• Great curiosity and willingness to question
• High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
• Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner
• Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
• Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems
• Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers
• 1+ years of experience working on cloud technologies experience with designing, implementing, and automating Cloud Services for example provisioning compute and storage resources
• 1+ years of experience in writing and debugging scripting languages like PowerShell
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.