The Hyper-V Hypervisor team is looking for talented software engineers to develop Microsoft's versatile, performance critical, and secure virtualization platform. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who can learn quickly, have a passion for writing high quality software, and enjoy working within a dynamic team.
Join the Hyper-V Hypervisor team and become a key part of Microsoft's Mobile-First, Cloud-First strategy. Hyper-V technology enables much more than traditional virtual machines; it powers Microsoft’s containers, millions of servers in the Azure cloud, and is a core part of security enforcements in the Windows operating system across a wide ecosystem of devices. Collaborate with developers across Microsoft, hardware partners, and the open source community to deliver innovative technology in the virtualization space. Be a part of the core hypervisor development team and build features that differentiate our platform and delight our customers.
• 4+ years of development experience in C/C++
• Solid architectural skills backed up by implementation experience
• Strong coding, debugging, testing, and problem solving skills
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to work on a large codebase and willing to take on a wide variety of challenges
• Strong understanding of systems software and low-level hardware/software interaction
• A track record of solid results across multiple ship cycles
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with hypervisors, kernel mode programming, and security are a significant plus
We ship an extremely high quality platform that delights our customers, release after release. But more importantly, we've created a collaborative culture where new ideas are embraced and encouraged. Our goal is to create an engaging environment where you can do your best work.
We encourage you to reach out to our recruiter @Heather_MSFT (https://twitter.com/Heather_MSFT) on Twitter to learn more about specifics of our team. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and engage directly with our team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.