Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting teams in Microsoft? Looking for a new challenge to demonstrate your expertise in building systems that scale? Then look no further than the Azure Team. We have developed the state-of-the-art operating system for Microsoft’s Cloud Datacenters. Azure provides developers with on-demand compute and storage to create, host, scale, and manage scalable web application on the Internet through Microsoft’s global data centers, and via on-premises ‘private cloud’ deployments of the Azure Platform.
The Azure DNS team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to design and implement globally distributed scalable low latency super service that provides DNS and Traffic Management capabilities. The developer will work with a team of other software developers to design and implement various components that constitute this state of the art distributed systems solution and ensure a timely execution of the components with high quality. Think 1 Billion records @ very low latencies.
In this role you will be responsible for critical components of the Azure DNS stack. You will be responsible for ensuring a highly reliable and scalable DNS/ Traffic management solution. This will include owning certain components from design, engaging with other teams to manage dependencies, implementation, to monitoring of the deployed service. This is a high visibility position in an area of large and expanding investment for Microsoft Azure and offers a terrific opportunity for technical and career growth.
We seek candidates with expertise in building distributed systems at scale. Ideally, you have worked on a system that operates with a global footprint, caching systems, distributed hash tables and have knowledge of protocols for consensus/replication.
• 5+ years of experience in software engineering/development
• BS or MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or technical field
Experience with distributed systems
• Solid user mode Design and Dev skills
• Systems programming experience, proven ability to solve hard problems (scale, perf, reliability) experience in designing and running fault tolerant infrastructure services that run running globally in a large scale
• Knowledge of flavors of Cassandra, Dynamodb, Redis, memcached etc is a big plus!
• Expert programming experience in one of C,C++,C# or Java
• Bonus points for your chops in Hadoop, Spark and related technologies
• Intense eagerness to learn, ready to dive deep into complex problems
• Experience shipping products or services
• Passion and drive for profound impact Experience with Azure technologies is a plus
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.