Do you embrace the idea around “the magic of software” and its ability to bring more fun and productivity to everyone who touches Windows? Are you passionate about creating the best interaction experience for all users of the Windows platform? Our group owns the quality of diverse technologies for natural Input in the OS from touch to language models; enabling features like smooth panning, responsive gestures, shape writing, prediction, suggestion and spelling corrections. This puts us at the forefront of applying AI and Machine Learning technologies in actual shipping products that directly impact all Windows devices.
Do you want to help enable incredible human computer interactions leveraging cutting edge Machine Learning and Cloud Technologies? Would you like to change the way how hundreds of millions of users interact with Tablet, Surface Studio, Dial, Surface Hub, HoloLens, XBOX and PC? We are taking a data-driven, customer-obsessed approach to ensure Windows has an interaction experience that customers love. We are investing in tools and technologies that provide valuable insights into the Windows app developer platform, developer tooling, and end user experiences with pen, inking, and touch.
What you’ll do:
● Code inside the Windows codebase
● Create and modify external and internal-facing tools
● Work with a massive amount of data to drive innovation into current and future algorithms and scenarios
● Provide data-driven insights that are used to make product decisions that delight and empower our customers
● Interact with a broad range of users, both internally and externally Partner with a team of cross-discipline peers
● 3+ years of software developments experience.
● BS MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical field.
● 3+ years of experience designing, coding and shipping robust, maintainable software as well as with driving technical investigations and prototyping
● Outstanding technical problem-solving, design, coding, and testing skills
Preferred (but not required) Qualifications:
● Experience in working with data analytics/representation tools like PowerBI.
● Experience in working with cloud services
● Experience in linguistics, language specific features or writing systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.