Are you passionate about cloud computing and building large scale services from the ground up? If so, we have your next position! As Azure continues its rapid expansion, the focus of this team is to build an infrastructure that will service millions of Monitoring Agents enabling them to stay-up-to-date with latest binaries and configuration, and dynamically provide them with Azure resources to send monitoring data to. In addition, you will be a part of a team responsible for this large-scale infrastructure that will also enable thousands of automation clients/users – both internal and external – every day who perform control plane operations on their monitoring stack. This service is a critical core service used to validate data server buildouts. Teams across Microsoft depend on this for their diagnostic monitoring needs.
This position is for someone who is,
- Passionate about improving developer productivity across the company by use of shared engineering systems
- Passionate about distributed systems and building high scale services
- Likes to work in an agile development team that iterates rapidly
- Loves new technological challenges and excels at solving them.
The team is agile with everyone in the team sharing the fundamental belief of iterating rapidly to meet customer demands. As a member of our team, you will participate in all stages of our engineering lifecycle - from initial research and discovery, quick iteration on promising concepts, solution prototyping and development, all the way through successful service roll out and live-site support. Developers in the team have an opportunity to wear multiple hats and demonstrate breadth, depth, and leadership.
• 5+ years of commercial software development experience.
• BS/MS in CS or related field, 5+ years of development experience shipping products across multiple product cycles
• Solid design and coding skills with a bias for architecture at scale Experience creating, developing, delivering, deploying, maintaining online services.
• Desired Qualifications: Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing platforms Prior experience working on C#.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.