Do you want to work on the latest and hottest technology trends? Do you want to be part of the next leap in how we use the information from the devices around us to unleash new business and consumer scenarios? Do you want to be part of the transformation of IoT by unleashing the power of location based services? The Azure IoT Location Services team will lead that charge and we are looking for engineers to join us and imagine new uses and opportunities that are unlocked when Azure has a rich set of Location Services in the cloud and aiding in scenarios that include Connected Cars, Autonomous Driving, Home Automation, Autonomous Drones and more. The Azure Location Services team is a newly formed team and we are looking for highly motivated and talented engineers to design and deliver platforms and solutions that enable rapid adoption of these services. These distributed systems must be capable of scaling to millions of transactions per second at sub-second latencies.
We are looking for engineers with strong problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills coupled with a drive for execution and results. You must have a desire to produce high quality software and services with a focus on Livesite and running large services as scale. Passion, creativity & the desire to learn new complex technical areas are some of the values we want in our engineers and as a team we want to maintain agility and accountability. If you see yourself in this space working with other highly motivated and talented individuals then this is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, be part of something new and influence the next generation of technology for Microsoft.
• Build scalable systems and services for providing location services within Azure
• Build services that excel at LiveSite and lifecycle operations like: upgrades with no downtime, rollback, operational data collection, real-time monitoring, self-healing and repair.
• Continually find ways to lower the COGs of our services on a day to day basis so that we can pass those savings to our customers or improve our margins.
Successful candidates must have the following:
• Minimum of 5 years of technical engineering experience (C/C++/C# or Java programming).
• Exposure to service engineering including experience with distributed systems and Livesite operations of online services (especially Azure experience)
• Demonstrated experience building highly reliable and scalable systems software.
• Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or 7 years of equivalent industry experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.