Do you want to be on the team that’s building the large scale cloud services for WDG? Do you dream of building low latency, highly available large scale distributed services used by millions of users? Do you want to be part of something big that will change the world of mobile computing? Do you have the drive to ship often and be relentless about improving and expanding on what you just shipped? Do you consider yourself to be one of the best software developer around yet have the passion and drive to be even better If you answered yes, our team has the right opportunity for you.
We are looking for a strong Software Engineer II with a passion to build real-time, highly-available and massive-scalable cloud services with an emphasis on location, network services and more cloud infrastructure services to drive user engagement across apps, platforms and devices. We work with big data and leverage sophisticated algorithms to build our positioning and network scoring models. Our team leverages fundamental building blocks like Azure, Autopilot, Cosmos and various Microsoft cloud services to build Services to drive business for our division. Millions of users worldwide expect these services to work flawlessly and be there for them to use wherever they are. You need to be passionate about availability, reliability, quality, security and low latency. If you want to live and breathe these things and want to work on something starting at the ground level, this is the opportunity for you.
A few characteristics that will increase the likelihood of success in this role are:
• A proven collaborator across disciplines
• Ability to work through ambiguity and make progress
• Motivated and able to quickly learn new technologies
• Own and independently deliver components of our services
• Maintain an unwavering focus on Quality of Service
• Execute with high accountability to schedule and quality
• Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue
triage with the feature teams, and support well informed
decisions towards business and engineering goals
• Closely collaborate with partner teams when engineering &
business dependencies exist
Successful candidates must have:
• 3+ years of relevant software design and development
experience preferably on shipped server products or services
• Solid written and verbal communications skills
• Proven Experience of working through the full product cycle
from initial design to final product
• Outstanding technical problem solving skills
• A proven track record of shipping quality products on time
• A BS/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience with building a highly scalable online service
• Experience with C#, ASP.Net, IIS and WCF
• Experience with Cosmos
• Solid working knowledge of SQL and database design
• Experience writing performance-critical code
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.