BingAds is Microsoft’s unified Ad Monetization platform chartered with delivering ads on Bing, MSN, partner publisher websites and applications across PC and mobile devices. The MPS Systems team builds and manages all critical high-performance, high-availability systems within BingAds. These systems serve trillions ad impressions a year. We are working aggressively on our next wave offerings around audience networks, mobile apps and paid search. The key challenges are to engineer high performance, secure & scalable systems that serve extremely large volume of request in milliseconds, process PBs of data every day, and geared towards optimizing revenue earnings and providing rich user experience.
If you have passion in developing scalable services, extremely good grasp of software engineering principles and exceptional problem-solving skills then come join us. Experience building distributed systems, strong multithreaded design, and debugging skills are highly desirable.
Qualified candidates should meet the following requirements:
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience working on large-scale projects in a complex
environment with multiple partners
• Good understanding of data structures, algorithms and
analysis of algorithm complexity
• Hands on experience in large-scale, distributed data
processing systems and pipelines
• Understanding of search engine technologies and advertising
platforms is a plus but is not required
• Excellent design, coding, testing, debugging skills.
• Willingness to continuously learn and improve
• Expert development skills in C/C++ or C#
• Passion for quality and success
• Drive for solving hard problems and getting things done
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent is required
• Develop good understanding of existing systems and
components and ramp up quickly on the new projects.
• Own end-to-end feature and work efficiently with partner
• Contribute to overall architecture and designs.
• Design and implement high quality, scalable and maintainable
• Follow established engineering excellence and coding
practices to improve product quality.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.