The XAML team is building the UI framework at the core of the One Microsoft OS. Our framework is used by hundreds of thousands of developers, including many teams at Microsoft such as the Windows and Xbox Shell teams, Office, and numerous first-party application and experiences teams. Our goal is to provide the best modern UI framework, which is integral to the success of our platform and ecosystem.
Our charter includes:
• Enabling developers to create UI that works well across all of our devices - from phones to Xbox
• Creating a rich platform which enables developers to easily create apps which users enjoy looking at and interacting with
• Enhancing the capabilities of our framework to enable the creation of next-gen controls and fluid UI
As a member of the Xaml rendering team, you will be working to enable the graphics and animation needs of both Xaml controls and apps coding directly against Xaml's core capabilities, including supporting needs of the Fluent Design System. Areas of ownership will span multiple parts of rendering (such as text/images/shapes), animations, and effects. You will work closely with the Composition team and other feature teams within Xaml. You will also work with app teams to ensure our features allow them to build the next-gen UI they want, and with great performance.
• 3+ years of experience in professional C++ development.
• Familiarity with UI frameworks such as Silverlight, WPF, XAML, or iOS, Android and Mobile development a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.