Software Engineer II
As a part of the Windows Device Group (WDG) the Universal Store (UST) team enables one of Microsoft’s most business-critical needs. With a global presence in over 240 markets, close to 150 million transactions a day, and billions of dollars in revenue, UST services need to be true internet scale and have state of the art availability, reliability and responsiveness. The Rendering Framework is a unified rendering framework that connects with unified Content Management Systems delivering consistent, beautiful experiences for marketing content and product catalogs. This framework is already powering the Universal Store Web (and Rich client) front ends and the physical goods stores (microsoftstore.com) in select markets. Adoption of this framework will grow across all markets for the physical goods store, marketing websites (Microsoft.com etc.) and even msn. We need strong platform devs to contribute to this framework.
This job will be perfect for you if you are someone who is:
• Adaptable to meet the dynamic goals in an agile team.
• Self-motivated and proactive to maintain momentum and progress.
• Passionate about contributing to new, innovative, and ground-breaking platform that connects to different data sources and powers consistent and beautiful user experiences.
• A proven collaborator across all disciplines, including Engineering and Design.
• Motivated and able to quickly learn new technologies.
We are looking for a software engineer who can:
• Work on the platform that will power all of UST surfaces (and msn)
• Experience of building highly performant and scalable services
• Experience and passion in building the right data models for efficient creation and retrieval of data from various data sources (Azure Content Management System, Catalog, Recommendation Service etc.).
• Ability to build highly performant yet personalized user experiences.
• Consume partner APIs and light up wonderful user experience
• Proficient in C# or any other high-level programming language.
• Ensure our work is at Microsoft standards
• Manage online site operations
• 5+ years of experience in C# or any other object-oriented programming language.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.