Our new world of connected devices and continuous services is powered by many of the services delivered by the Cloud & Enterprise team. The Growth and Ecosystems team is an exciting team responsible for delivering the international versions of Azure, System Center, SQL, Power BI, Visual Studio, Active Directory among others. We have an exciting opportunity for someone with drive and energy, passionate about delivering the Engineering system and end-to-end telemetry to support as many as 14 build systems and 320 branches across C&E development teams.
This is a highly collaborative role, requiring strong technical acumen, working with many stakeholders across the many C+E development teams and International teams on our end to end engineering systems. In this role, you will be responsible for increasing the availability, reliability, scalability, and performance of our services-oriented architecture that enables services to be translated and deployed within days to the expected quality. You will have a particular focus on the addition of telemetry to our localization architecture that monitors operational health. You will be keen on automation, with a passion for eliminating defects caused by manual effort.
• Ability to drive efficiency & consolidation in our current disparate workflow & tools.
• Can fully own the delivery of features in our localization platform.
• Can deliver solutions to our engineering team to scale to the business growth and bring us closer to spontaneous translation of our services.
• Proven ability to collaborate across teams and across levels of management. Can efficiently coordinate with development teams to onboard new projects into the localization workflows and ensure that blockers to localization flow are removed.
• Ability to read, write, configure code, and design for end-to-end service telemetry to identify and address failing points throughout the system
• Experience analyzing real-time and trending service behavior through telemetry
• Experience leading and representing the service in backlog discussions & standups to establish appropriate prioritization of engineering requirements
• 3+ years in service support or software engineer role
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences
• 2+ years - Strong ability to implement operational efficiencies through scripting, i.e. automation
• 2+ years - Proficient understanding of Microsoft products, software lifecycle methodology. Moderate to deep knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Services (Active Directory Certificate Services, Domain Services, Federation Services)
Key Skills and Attributes:
• Demonstrated expertise in web services, virtualization and cloud concepts
• Familiarity & Experience in many of the following: - REST - JSON - XML - MySQL/SQL Server/SQL Azure/NOSQL - C#/Java - Powershell/Bash- Windows Server/Azure/AWS
• Outstanding problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems as part of a team
• Experience in automation, specifically related to deployment, recovery, or other manual processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences or equivalent work experience.
• Experience using telemetry to understand throughput, limitations and constraints in a service
• Experience in defining cost per transaction or per user, based on service configuration
• Experience identifying services appropriate for hosting on PaaS and IaaS offerings, as well as migration to internal or external SaaS providers
• Specialized knowledge of software & network components such as CDNs
• Experience in Infrastructure and Configuration as code, as well as service auto-scale capabilities
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.