The Azure Compute Organization is responsible for creating the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Platform responsible for providing hardware management, virtualized computational substrate, and fully automated service management. The Azure Compute Infrastructure Service team is looking for motivated engineers with a strong track record who are in search of an exciting environment working with innovative and revolutionary technology, interested in the challenges of managing compliant, secure public, national, and sovereign clouds, and want the chance to contribute to the fastest growing cloud platform on the market.
Our vision is to evolve the platform to meet the ever-growing needs of the Cloud and provide highly reliable, scalable, secure, and compliant platform to grow Azure capacity worldwide incl. national markets and sovereign clouds. Key responsibilities include interpreting designs into fully functional software, developing and supporting the software, and contributing technical expertise throughout design stages and development.
The work involves:
- Delivery of a highly reliable, scalable, secure Capacity Infrastructure Management solution for 1st and 3rd party customers
- Integration with various Microsoft services to support capacity growth and driving requirements to partner teams.
- Solving technical challenges related to the security, compliance, and isolation of sovereign clouds
• 2+ years of software engineering experience building scalable services, and applications
• 4+ years of experience developing software in C#, .NET and/or C++.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills –
• Solid debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
• BA or MS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.