Are you passionate about Database Technology and Cloud Computing? Are you fascinated by challenges such as increasing load density without sacrificing performance guarantee or fine-tuning resource boundary under microscope, so mission critical apps can grow their data/business with confidence and millions of low cost databases can be provisioned efficiently without negative impact on COGs? Are you excited by the prospect of learning and owning resource governance in SQL - IO subsystem, memory manager, CPU, lograte, etc, etc. The Azure SQL DB Resource Governance team has many very exciting open positions for you to join.
We are a data driven dev team, resource governance is core to SQL’s predictable performance in Azure SQL tiered database service offering, as a member of this amazing team you will participant in all stages of our cloud offering lifecycle - from initial research, discovery, data science, solution prototyping, development, testing, debugging, all the way through deployment to stage, production and operation readiness.
You will have the opportunity to work on the entire stack, from SQL OS, engine to real time telemetry, to management service workflow, to wear multiple hats and to demonstrate breadth, depth, and leadership. Resource governance is at the heart of performance guarantee in tiered database service offering in multi-tenant azure environment, and the solutions you help create will have a multiplier effect across all of Microsoft and our customers. We are looking for a highly self-motivated, outstanding engineer with an excellent track record of shipping products and has a strong passion in development of Cloud Ready features and in operationalization excellence
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT related technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry software engineering experience
• 1+ years of programming experience in Java OR C++ OR C# OR C OR object-oriented programming
• Great curiosity and willingness to question
• High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
• Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner
• Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
• Experience with distributed systems
• Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems
• Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customer.
• Good knowledge of SQL is a strong plus
• Prior experience in Cloud service offering is a strong plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.