Threat Protection Sciences (TPS) is a research team focused on one of Microsoft’s most exciting new products: Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (WDATP). As cyber-attacks have become more sophisticated, WDATP helps enterprises detect, investigate, and respond to advanced attacks and data breaches on their networks. From detecting nation state actors to patient 0 ransomware infections, our research team brings deep knowledge of the attacker landscape and tradecraft to create the innovations necessary to uncover even the most well-funded attacker.
Creating world-class detection capabilities starts with powerful optics built directly within the Windows operating system. We are seeking a skilled engineer familiar with Windows internals who isn’t afraid to dive into complex components (like the memory manager, driver model, or Hyper-V) to plumb the sensors necessary to detect advanced attacker tradecraft.
Primary responsibilities would include:
• Research attacker tradecraft to identify and prototype new sensor capabilities within the Windows operating system.
• Work with Windows feature teams to design and receive feedback on proposed changes.
• Collaborate with our data science team to ensure sensor capabilities empower accurate and durable cloud-based detections.
• 3 years of software developer experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience using C and C++ as a Windows user-mode or kernel-mode developer
The following additional experiences are favorable, but not required:
• Knowledge of Windows/NT internals
• Experience in cyber security or cyber defense
• Excellent cross-group and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate the business need for sensor changes
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.