Software Engineer II
Do you want to work on technology with global impact? Windows is one of the most globally adapted products in the world. It is translated into 110 languages and understands about 800 locales. Our team owns many APIs, settings, infrastructure, and tools that enable this global adaptation. We build the platform that allows both the OS and external developers to create experiences that are awesome on any device, anywhere in the world. In addition, we contribute to the industry-standard ICU and CLDR open source projects.
Windows is shipping on an ever-increasing range of devices. In collaboration with numerous partner teams we are building a new foundation for the globalization platform to support them. This platform will enable quick bring-up of new types of devices and a provide a consistent user, developer, and manufacturer experience across all of them - while meeting disk space, memory usage, and other constraints of even the smallest form factors.
We are looking for a strong developer to join this effort. In this role, you will help:
• Build the next generation of globalization infrastructure.
• Improve the performance, size, and processes by which language resources are managed.
• Optimize and refactor the globalization data to ensure each device has exactly what it needs when it needs it.
• Integrate OSS into this new infrastructure. More and more globalization data and APIs come from open source, and we want to avoid forking those projects while still making them play well with our platform.
• 3+ Years of developing in C/C++.
• Experience in systems programming and debugging.
• Passion for both API and low-level platform design.
• Ability to ramp up quickly on a complex problem space.
We encourage you to reach out to our recruiter @Heather_MSFT (https://twitter.com/Heather_MSFT) on Twitter to learn more about specifics of our team. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and engage directly with our team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.