Software Engineer II
The Microsoft Azure Storage team works on distributed systems scaling to Exabyte of storage in data centers around the world. Our service empowers millions of customers of OneDrive, Xbox, Skype, Bing, Office 365, and many other large enterprises. The Microsoft Azure Storage team is looking for a technically strong software engineer with solid design, coding, and testing skills, to develop test strategy and automation to validate Azure’s massive distributed storage system. You will have an opportunity to make high impact changes on a daily basis as you work on a hyperscale storage system that may indirectly or directly be used daily by your friends and family.
• Design end to end scenario validation plan for complex cloud scale storage features
• Play a crucial role in the product quality by ensuring that our code is thoroughly tested and released
• Build, design, and implement scalable cloud based test tools with PaaS, IaaS and SaaS to validate and stress the storage system
• Experiment, study and analyze the system behavior, health under different load conditions.
• Work on the product code base to improve its test-ability, diagnostic-ability, debug-ability and overall product health for the storage system
• A passion for large scale storage
• Experience with multi-threaded/parallel programming
• Excellence in software engineering practices, coding and solid foundation in data structures, algorithms with strong testing, debugging and analytical skills
• Proven ability to plan, schedule and deliver quality software
Requirements for the position are:
• 2+ years of experience building scalable, distributed services in C#, C++, or Java
• BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.