Azure Cosmos DB <https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/azure-cosmos-db-microsofts-globally-distributed-multi-model-database-service/> is Microsoft’s next generation globally distributed, elastic scale, multi-model cloud database service - designed to enable developers to build planet scale applications. Azure Cosmos DB allows you to elastically scale both throughput and storage across any number of geographical regions with tunable consistency while providing blazing fast read /write performance backed by enterprise grade SLAs. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a very agile team, take on hard distributed system problems and ship high impact features at a rapid pace. This is a technically challenging space and crucial market segment for the Microsoft data group business. The team’s primary responsibility includes global distribution, tunable consistency, high availability and transport. We are looking for strong system engineers who are passionate about cloud database business to join our effort and build the next set of powerful features in this highly competitive multi-billion-dollar market. As an engineer, you are entitled to and expected to learn from the latest research literature on distributed system algorithms, convert these algorithms into high performance, reliable code. You will work across the stack to convert vision into a high quality, shipped feature. Interested candidates will also have the opportunity to transition into a lead / people management role as the team grows. Azure Cosmos DB is one of the fastest growing Azure services, the engineering investment made over the years led to a healthy service which allows us to add industry leading features at rapid pace. It is expected that the same level of rigor is maintained on every subsequent feature release.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry software engineering experience
• 2+ years of programming experience in Java OR C++ OR C# OR C OR object-oriented programming
• 4+ years of experience in building and shipping production grade software or services
• Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
• Experience creating and shipping V1 products using modern development practices.
• Experience using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD).
• Great curiosity and willingness to question
• High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
• Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner
• Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
• Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems
• Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.