Software Engineer II
The Windows Print Platform team is looking for developers to help define the next generation print system for making every day printing ubiquitous on Windows, iOS and Android no matter where the user is. It is an opportunity to participate in transforming the Windows Print System to work well in local and cloud environments. We are a team of highly collaborative developers who can tackle hard problems and build solutions at all layers of Windows. We will be carrying some of our services to Azure. This is an incredible opportunity to improve an everyday scenario using a wide variety of technologies. We enable app developers to add beautiful print experiences to their apps. We help printer manufacturers to create full-featured-robust drivers. We empower enterprises and education to deploy cost effective and secure printing solutions for their environment.
Team: The Print Platform runs on all Windows Products ranging from Windows Server to HoloLens. The team owns Desktop and WINRT API’s, user mode drivers, NT services, kernel mode drivers, Windows Server components, Windows Store Apps, Document Technologies, render components and Print Services. The full ownership of the stack empowers the team to make big/bold bets to match the ever-changing realities of the market.
You will be challenged with the variety and depth of technologies.
• Develop and deliver print platform technology to enable new cloud-first scenarios (Azure, Windows Server)
• Work with engineers from global Printer Manufacturers (HP, Xerox, Canon) to improve rendering and drivers.
• Work with 1st party experiences and app developers to drive innovation in print space.
• Research and incubate new cloud-first technologies that can extend Windows Print Experience on a wide range of devices (Windows, iOS, Android)
• 2+ years experience using C/C++ or C#
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline
• Ability to collaborate with partners and drive projects end to end
• Solid understanding of operating system concepts.
We encourage you to reach out to our recruiter @Heather_MSFT (https://twitter.com/Heather_MSFT) on Twitter to learn more about specifics of our team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.