Do you want to help create incredible human computer interactions leveraging cutting edge hardware and software technologies? Would you like to change the way how hundreds of millions of users interact with Tablet, Surface Studio, Dial, Surface Hub, HoloLens, XBOX and PC?
Our team is in charge of diverse groundbreaking technologies for Input in the Operating System, from Touch to Touchpad, Text, Gestures, 3D Input, Digital pen/Ink. This puts us at the forefront of applying natural input technologies in actual shipping products that directly impact all Windows devices.
As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge human computer interactions for next wave of first party and third party hardware.The team is a core and central piece of Windows responsible for the windowing subsystem of windows as well as the core input functionality for all applications running on all windows–based platforms. As an engineer in the team, you will get a unique opportunity to work on low level kernel components all the way through end user facing features. You will also have unique opportunity to work with the broader system to integrate experiences, and help drive the future of interaction experiences.
Our environment requires you to be:
• Passionate about creating new, innovative, and ground-breaking technologies and experiences
• Self-motivated and proactive to maintain momentum and progress
• Inclusiveness: making others great, transparency
• Energy: having fun, following your passion, and making things happen
• Winning: sticking at things for the long term, living and breathing the competition
What you’ll do:
• Work on cutting edge input devices related features.
• Examine how to use ML/AI to bring new exciting input experiences to end users.
• Exploit the power of the cloud into making Windows devices more smarter understanding users input interaction patterns towards improve end user productivity.
• Drive detailed design reviews, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams
• Integrate into the broader Windows operating system
• 2+ years of software development and testing of production software experience.
• Exemplary coding and debugging skills in C/C++.
• Outstanding technical problem-solving, design, coding, and testing skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in person and in the written form
• Ability to work independently and efficiently in a highly motivated team environment
• BS or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related field
Experience in one or more of these area is a plus:
• User interface technologies (e.g., a web browser, XAML, or WPF/Silverlight)
• Windows kernel mode, architecture and internals
• Familiarity with security attack techniques and security mitigations
• Industry or academic work related to machine learning or language model
• Experience in building robust, secure, and scalable cloud services
We encourage you to reach out to our recruiter @Heather_MSFT (https://twitter.com/Heather_MSFT) on Twitter to learn more about specifics of our team. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and engage directly with our team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.