Software Engineer II
Our CEO Satya said it best at the recent Ignite conference “Accessibility is an amazing example. We live in a golden age where technology can enable more people to participate in our technology and in our society. This is what grounds us in our mission: to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more…” Come join us in that mission. There is a lot of tough work to do: complex software, company-wide influence and direction, innovative interactions.
The Core OS Accessibility team is going through a big expansion to meet this challenge. Come join your passion and experience with our team and together we can deliver on Satya’s vision.
The Accessibility team is hiring and we’re looking for a developer with proven skills to join our growing team in building the premier Narrator experience.
• Designing and implementing enhancements to the Narrator core speech algorithms that control reading/editing text.
• Designing and developing AI integration to improve the description of document artifacts like images and graphs.
• Building new input systems, like touch, for all Narrator commands.
• Creating new experiences and operating modes for our new devices.
The Accessibility team is part of the Windows and Devices Group and the User Experience Platform sub-org more specifically. Our charter is to a deliver world class accessibility experience on Windows for unsighted and sight impaired users. We are a team of passionate engineers dedicated to making the lives of our users better by enabling their ability to easily use Windows.
• 4+ years of experience shipping commercial software
• 2+ years of experience coding in C++
• Solid analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
• Growing strong technical leadership and communication skills
• Experience with cross group design and coordination is an advantage
• A BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent industry experience.
• Knowledge of latest C++ standards
We encourage you to reach out to our recruiter @Heather_MSFT on Twitter to learn more about specifics of our team. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and engage directly with our team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.