The Windows Print Platform team is looking for graphics and document processing experts to help us improve rendering of printed content on Windows. You will be working on Core Platform that is used by billions of print jobs on a monthly basis. Faster, more reliable, smaller, higher fidelity - sounds exciting? Team: The Print Platform runs on all Windows Products ranging from Windows Server to HoloLens. The team owns Desktop and WINRT API’s, user mode drivers, NT services, kernel mode drivers, Windows Server components, Windows Store Apps, Document Technologies, render components and Print Services. The full ownership of the stack empowers the team to make big/bold bets to match the ever-changing realities of the market. You will be challenged with the variety and depth of technologies.
• Work with engineers from global Printer Manufacturers (HP, Xerox, Canon) to improve rendering and drivers.
• Work with 1st party experiences and app developers to drive innovation in print space.
• Work with standards bodies to better conform to protocols and make additions.
• 5+ years software development experience
• Solid coding and design skills using C/C++ or C#
• Strong math and graphics background
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline
• Ability to collaborate with partners and drive projects end to end.
• Solid understanding of operating system concepts.
• Experience in API design/development.
We encourage you to reach out to our recruiter @Heather_MSFT (https://twitter.com/Heather_MSFT) on Twitter to learn more about specifics of our team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.