Across Microsoft we are making the mobile-first, cloud-first shift away from an operating model that is optimized for packaged product, to a model that is optimized for Software as a Service. And just as each product group has changed their technology to enable that shift, they have also begun to change how they view their business. No longer is it about making a sale to a customer and waiting two years to make another sale, but instead it’s about being continually engaged with the customer so that every day when the customer is re-deciding what products to use, they choose our products instead of our competitors. This new world requires a deeply engaged and satisfied customer base. A customer’s support experience is a foundational component of their relationship with Microsoft, so delivering a great support experience to customers is necessary to ensure they stay engaged and satisfied. Therefore, we are going to revolutionize how Microsoft provides support. So, if you believe like we do that creating deeper customer engagement is critical to Microsoft’s long term success, and you also believe that providing world class support to our customers when they are in need is essential to engendering that engagement, and you also love web technologies, then this is the perfect role for you.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to develop core components of a high performance, responsive and highly resilient web app powered by a set of high-scale services with global footprint. Our mission is to provide Microsoft agents the systems & tools to deliver quality resolutions quickly. We use cutting-edge technologies and develop with a growth-hacking mindset, so we will heavily invest in data telemetry, experimentation, data analytics, and drive feature sets like a startup would.
Primary Job Functions:
- Write clean well thought-out code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, and maintainability, while also mentoring others to do the same.
- Support and continuously influence the team culture to be customer-centric and data-driven.
- Lead the team in adopting new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry.
- In collaboration with others, apply engineering principles to solve complex problems and build strong partnerships while leveraging sound engineering practices.
- Provide critical thinking, technical innovation, and attention to detail while serving as a trusted advisor in the team.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work through ambiguous situations using negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Learn concepts quickly in a fast paced environment.
• 5+ years of software development experience
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related IT field
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with continuous delivery, telemetry (CMA/Asimov or similar), TDD, and Testing in Production
• Experience with agile development methodologies and engineering systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.