Software Engineer II
Build fast, responsive, and intuitive development experiences in the web!
Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) provides a set of cloud-powered collaboration tools for your engineering team. It consists of git hosting, agile project management, build and release management, and much more! With over 3 million users, VSTS is growing fast and is revolutionizing the way that software is shipped. Come help solve problems ranging from figuring out the best ways to run a highly scalable hosted service to building beautiful, fast development workflows and experiences. As you help solve these interesting problems you’ll also benefit from the fact that we are our own customer and consume what we build daily. Learn more about Visual Studio Team Services and what we build here: https://www.visualstudio.com/team-services/
What makes this a great place to work? There are several things, but here are the highlights: The people here are smart, and they care about the work that they do. They are also a pleasure to work with - we don’t believe in big egos or contentious work environments here. Microsoft makes a point of ensuring people have a work-life balance. We offer 3 months paid paternity leave for men and 5 months for women, 12 paid holidays (on top of your vacation and sick leave) and a flexible working schedule. We have a brand new, modern office space that finds the right balance between encouraging collaboration yet ensuring the ability to focus when needed. We run a hosted service which means that we ship new features daily. The work you do has immediate benefits to customers. Our compensation tends to be higher than most other companies in the area.
What you can expect:
As an engineer on the Visual Studio Team Services team in Raleigh, NC you’ll be part of an 8-12 person agile team working together to ship weekly updates to Visual Studio Team Services and the products around it. Your role will consist of:
• Designing, developing and testing new features and bug fixes.
• Code reviewing code developed by your teammates.
• Analyzing how your code and features are performing in production to influence future product decisions.
• Participating in your team’s sprint and product direction planning activities.
• Working with a subset of the following technologies that interest you the most: o C#, ASP.Net, HTML5, React, Typescript, Node, SASS, Azure, WPF, Java, SWT, SQL, and many others
• 5 or more years of experience developing software
• Strong object-oriented design skills gained from at least 5 years of working with OOP languages and patterns.
• 5 years’ experience with one or more of the following: WPF, Ajax, jQuery, ASP.NET, SOAP, REST, .NET, SQL
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or in place of a degree, 4 years of equivalent internship or industry software engineering experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
(Raleigh, Research Triangle Park, RTP, North Carolina, VSO, VSCS, visualstudio.com)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.