Azure Cosmos DB is Microsoft’s next generation globally distributed, elastic scale, multi-model cloud database service - designed to enable developers to build planet scale applications. We are looking for engineers to help bring all the distributed database functionality to the application developers with highly performant, most efficient, and modern easy to use API. Realizing Cosmos DB benefits warrants closer integration with Cosmos DB distributed protocols in critical performance-demanding application environments. You will be developing modern frameworks and libraries abstracting Cosmos DB REST API that is used by thousands of our customers across the globe in many language runtimes. You will be interacting closely with server-side engineering team to enable the features for customers. As a software engineer you will own Cosmos DB open source Java, Node.js frameworks or libraries across all areas of the engineering lifecycle, and working across organizational boundaries, shipping it with quality and on time, and sustaining it through its maturity.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following skills: Passion for customers and agility Has the desire and drive to become owner in this space End to end ownership across engineering lifecycle Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple teams to drive cross-functional results. Familiarity with high performance open-source tools and frameworks
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry software engineering experience
• 1+ years of programming experience in Java OR C++ OR C# OR C OR object-oriented programming
• Great curiosity and willingness to question.
• High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with a NoSQL Database such as Cassandra, MongoDB or Dynamo DB
- Experience with Distributed Systems, AWS, Azure - Experience with Python/Go/Ruby
- Familiarity with GitHub and open source CI tooling (Travis CI, Coveralls, etc.)
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.