Windows As a Service (WaaS) is one of the biggest/boldest bets that Microsoft is taking with Windows 10. Windows Services and Delivery (WSD) Team is chartered with creating and keeping billions of happily engaged and connected, up-to-date Windows customers. This is accomplished by creating experiences that ship with latest version of Windows OS, engage hundreds of millions of users, and drive update & upgrade customer satisfaction.
Our team within WSD is responsible for the data-driven insights of ensuring the robust and efficient operation of the Update Platform, including initiatives and iterative improvement of our update functionality to drive forward on our goal of ensuring Windows customers are always able to take advantage of our latest Windows as it grows in functionality, security, and resiliency. Are you passionate about data? Are you someone who gets excited about finding insights to solve problem impacting millions of customers. Are you fascinated about the world of Data Science Engineering and wanted to give that a try? Do you believe in AI and its power to solve software engineering and delivery issues and want to bring ML to bear on Windows Update and drive forward an end-to-end solution of Cloud + Client? You are in the right place-our team is looking for engineers like you!
Our team’s priorities include keeping all Windows 10 Current, data insights for windows 10 releases, such as RS2 Rollout to the world, building Insights for the operation of Windows Update on devices, engineering data pipeline for customer facing solutions built for enterprise customers, and performing machine learning and statistical analysis to test hypotheses, drive experimentation, and derive meaning from petabytes of telemetry data. We build insights through telemetry data and partner with many teams across Windows Devices Group. The ideal candidates are those who are passionate, energetic, collaborative in solving complex problems and have strong technical skills.
• Own data pipelines and transformation for scenarios to drive success metrics
• Analyze data and finding problems and solutions of wider scope across teams and drive for results
• Build dashboards to track KPIs and insights
• Design Tools and Platform Features for users to leverage data
• Leverage Machine Learning to solve complex problems
• Combine data wrangling, statistics, and computer science skills to test hypotheses, generate reproducible research, and to drive insights from data.
• 3+ years of software development experience
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline, with strong Computer Science fundamentals.
• Strong coding, troubleshooting chops in C# (or any object-oriented language) and a scripting language
• Familiarity with Map reduce and optimizing queries for efficient parallelism in MR cluster such as Cosmos, Azure Data Lake, or Hadoop
• Excellent design, debugging and problem resolving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Customer focused, result oriented and team player
• Experience with data analytics in R, Python, PowerBI, AzureML, Cosmos is a plus.
• Experience in big data, natural language analysis, machine learning, or building and operating a service is a plus
• Experience on OS servicing/update is plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.