Who are we?
We are Skype TX, a relatively new team targeting the broadcast industry. Our success stories include a 2017 Technical Emmy and powering White House Press Briefings for remote journalists.
Our team has expertise in agility and the mindset of lean startup. We collaborate closely with customers, failing fast, pivoting, and providing continuous delivery of high-quality code.
We have the ability to touch billions of users, in their offices, in their homes, on the go. Our desire is simple - to immerse users in engaging experiences, which delight and surpass their expectations.
We are forward thinking. We think differently and so should you. If you want to be part of our team as we embark on our adventure… read on.
Who are you?
You are passionate about delivering incredible experiences. You care deeply about Software Craftsmanship and you advocate the principles and practices that lend themselves to crafting simple but elegant code that exudes quality. You strive for automation and continuous delivery. You believe the true test is in seeing users interacting with your code.
You care deeply about being part of the team - the team of designers and developers. You enjoy spending time at the whiteboard with your peers, to solve problems, to ideate, to create.
You believe that writing bug-free code is not only possible but easy. You enjoy the fun of exploring new ideas and learning new technologies. You thrive on traversing the full-stack - from the frontend to the backend - you are as adept at UI development as you are at getting your hands dirty in the core engine.
• You will be responsible for crafting solutions using industry standard and Microsoft technologies.
• You will be responsible for consistently and unquestionably applying the principles and practices of Software Craftsmanship.
• You will be responsible for collaborating with peers to code and deliver the best imaginable experiences.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience as a Software Developer, Programmer or Engineer.
• Experience coding in at least one object-oriented programming language such as C++, C# or Java.
• You will be an advocate and practitioner of Software Craftsmanship, which includes pair-programming, test-driven development, and writing clean code.
• You will be passionate about mentoring others in your craft and are driven to raise the bar of our profession.
• You will have a breadth and depth of experience across the full-stack.
• You will be experienced in OO principles such as SOLID.
• You will be well-versed in clean code and practices such as Test-Driven Development (TDD) Acceptance-Test-Driven Development (ATDD/BDD), pair-programming, and continuous integration/delivery.
• You will be experienced in applying design patterns and maintaining simple designs.
• You will be experienced in working within a team and collaborating with your peers, especially around the whiteboard.
• You will have experience of Agile/Scrum/Kanban - you will have opinions on what works and what doesn’t.
• You will have experience as part of a multi-disciplined team.
• It would be nice if you had experience in the television broadcast industry.
• It would be nice if you had experience in WCF.
• If would be nice if you had experience in writing Windows apps.
• It would be nice if you had experience DirectX or Media Foundation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.