Are you a developer whose ears perk up at the mention of phishing, malware and DDOS? Do you want to work to protect customer assets from these security threats on Windows products and provide an experience that makes the customer smile? If you’re nodding in agreement, here’s an opportunity tailor-made for you. In the Windows and Devices group, the core operating system security team takes on these challenges to make Windows the operating system of choice for security conscious customers. We’re looking for Software Engineers who put themselves in the shoes of the attacker, the customer and the IT administrator while designing, implementing and deploying security features for Windows.
Basic qualifications include:
- Strong engineering background with 4+ years in building industry grade software.
- Strong expertise in C, C++, C# and .Net or equivalent programming languages
- Consistent track record designing, debugging and delivering software on schedule with high quality
- A can-do attitude
- Self-motivated, relishing challenges and an adaptable team player
- Experience with OS internals including Windows
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Strong domain knowledge of security
If you are looking to be on the side of the good guys in the arms race against attackers, and learn and grow in a fun, fast-paced, and frankly fantastic team, come join us!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.