If working on large scale web applications which handle millions of requests a day, rendering on Microsoft Azure platform excites you, then this is a great opportunity. Join our team and help define the direction of web technologies used across Microsoft. MSN.com is one of the largest sites on the web with hundreds of millions of users a day using the site to learn about the world around them. Our sites are available in 50+ markets and is the first thing many people see when they open their browser. Our goal is to provide the most relevant, personal news in an instant. This requires relentless focus on new features, performance, and availability. MSN is continuing to leverage new technologies such as React, TypeScript, and new web standards to deliver the best experience possible to our users across browsers and devices. We are a combined engineering organization so developers are expected to own features end to end from architecture to coding to validation to deployment. Our scale is massive with thousands of cores running in Azure across multiple data centers. Every machine must be able to service hundreds of requests per second while being fault tolerant.
- B.S. in Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to rapid production deployment.
- Multiple shipped software products across multiple platforms.
- Experience building web services using ASP.NET (or similar technologies).
- Strong partnership, communication and coordination skills.
- Strong computational problem-solving skills, ability to deal with ambiguity, and exceedingly high level of creativity and inquisitiveness.
- Experience with Windows Azure services is highly desirable
- Experience in implementing cross browser web applications
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.