Software Engineer II
Want to be part of something new and big? We are building the online store website for all of Microsoft that will provide users with a world-class browse, search, and purchase experience for merchandise across multiple product categories. This is your chance to join our talented team to build a mission-critical site for Microsoft. We are looking for a strong, highly motivated web developer who is passionate about bringing users the best possible experience every day.
Responsibilities of this role include:
• Design, implementation, and testing of both client-side and server-side code
• Building responsive web experiences that look great across multiple devices and browsers
• Collaborating with partner teams to deliver end-to-end systems and experiences
• Investigating and prototyping new technologies and frameworks
• Writing and maintaining unit tests and automated integration tests
• Contributing to team-wide infrastructure investments
• BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related degree or industry experience
• 2+ years of experience coding clients or services in C# or Java
• A positive attitude, and a passion for software development
• Good organizational skills, Detail Oriented
• Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
• Experience with Scrum, TDD, and Continuous Deployment a plus.
This position is based in Redmond, WA, and open to candidates with existing US work authorization.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.