We are the Microsoft OMS team, Microsoft Operations Management Suite extends System Center IT management to the cloud, enabling greater control, visibility, automation and security across your hybrid cloud.
Our team drives new technologies and solutions for our customers to gain control over any hybrid cloud. Manage and protect Azure or AWS, Windows Server or Linux, VMware or OpenStack with our cost-effective, all-in-one cloud IT management solution.
As a Software Engineer 2 on the team you will design and develop business critical scenarios of Microsoft Operations Management Suite - IT, Hybrid & Azure Automation. You will be responsible for designing, coding, validating and shipping hyper-scale services to production. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of people from across the group giving you wide exposure and a broad surface to impact in a positive manner. Given that we are a growing service, there is a lot of opportunity to make a huge impact and grow rapidly along with a quickly expanding organization.
Our team culture is execution focused, collaborative, telemetry focused, passionate about customers and technology. We are looking for great, creative software engineer who are able to think outside the box. We are looking for experience and passion for incubating many new v1 ideas with an eye towards shipping. Familiarity and excitement for building scalable and fault-tolerant services at a truly internet scale are key to realizing our product vision. Some of the additional qualities we are looking for include:
Be the software engineer: we will look to you to have an informed opinion about what and how the software should evolve and have the ability to land your plan in timely manner. You will have the opportunity to apply your deep technical expertise to solve problems and enable the team to deliver quality production code.
Be an innovator. You must embrace and seek out new and innovative technologies that can light up the future of cloud computing, creating applications and features that will drive the monitoring and automation of cloud infrastructure for years to come.
It means having an appetite to soak up new stuff, consider how it can be applied in ways that have yet to be defined for you, taking calculated risks about how to implement in a production environment, and rallying the team to get behind a new and sometimes unproven way of doing things!
Cross-team skills: Our team works with many internal partners. You will need to work closely with partner teams to figure out solutions to current issues as well as drive requirements for future service releases.
• 2+ Years of software design and development experience.
• Passion for designing, building and evolving highly available, geo distributed systems at scale
• Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with agile methodologies is a plus
• Experience with the operation of production services is a plus
• Experience with Microsoft Azure preferred.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred but not required.
• The ideal candidate will possess expertise with the latest cutting edge technologies used in building Web applications and Web services. Examples include C#, CSS, Knockout.js, TypeScript, SQL, Python, Ruby, Windows & Linux Containers. Don't have experience with these? We will consider candidates who have a proven record of delivering in an agile environment and are willing to put in the effort to learn and to build up this highly sought after skill set.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.